Welcome
Welcome to <strong>militarianz</strong>.

You are currently viewing Militarianz as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

German Hat Eagle

All cloth insignia of all branches

German Hat Eagle

Postby Rod W » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi All,

I found this in our local junk shop a few weeks ago and because it was such an unusual thing to find I took the gamble and bought it.
I was not sure of its originality as WW2 German insignia is not my area.
I sought some advice from a prominent German WW2 collector and was told although it was unusual there were verified original examples of this badge (design and construction) in existence.

When I returned to the shop a fortnight or so later I was told that the owner of the badge also had its (?) hat but that the owner was away for several weeks interstate visiting his family after the recent loss of his wife.

I hope the hat shows up eventually. It was described as a grey woollen German officer's hat with dark green hat band and pink piping. Apparently it has a paper label in German with the Nazi NSDAP etc... written on it inside the hat band.

I know nothing more. It may show up or it may not.

Regards

RodImageImage
Rod W

Re: German Hat Eagle

Postby Bond » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:28 am

Can you show a pic of the reverse? It looks to be a late war type and the cap sounds like it is for Heer panzer troops.
Bond

Postby Rod W » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi Bond,

Thanks for your interest. It is not my area at all I'm afraid.

I had the reverse in my previous post but for some weird reason it has been labelled ‘forbidden’ and taken off???

I popped into the junk shop just yesterday for the first time this year but the hat has not shown up (yet).

Regards

Rod

Rod W

Postby Rod W » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:56 pm

This is weird.
Why is the back of this badge verboten?
Rod
Rod W

Return to Insignia