Welcome
Welcome to <strong>militarianz</strong>.

You are currently viewing Militarianz as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Tropical belt and buckle

The many belt and buckles of all branches

Moderator: lach470

Tropical belt and buckle

Postby Spike » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Hey everybody
Here's a DAK belt that looks unissued,probably never paired up with this buckle or any other buckle for that matter,I bought them as a set.
The belt has seen no wear by the looks and also the markings for the length of the belt as you can see in the pics is not consistent,80 and 85.
This is apparently quite common (trying to use up the last of the stores),very late war and too small to fit most Germans of that era,even though most belts I have seen are very small.
The buckle is painted in the desert colours,not too sure if this was done during the war or post war,you can see the black underneath,which was a late war colour,I myself think it was done during the war,but I'm far from an expert.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Hope all is good.

Kindest
Spike
Attachments
IMG_0536.JPG
IMG_0536.JPG (108.67 KiB) Viewed 811 times
IMG_0535.JPG
IMG_0535.JPG (113.86 KiB) Viewed 811 times
Spike

Re: Tropical belt and buckle

Postby Spike » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:23 pm

last ones
Attachments
IMG_0534.JPG
IMG_0534.JPG (101.45 KiB) Viewed 810 times
IMG_0538.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG (150.94 KiB) Viewed 810 times
Spike

Re: Tropical belt and buckle

Postby NZMark » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:27 pm

Hi Spike,
Your buckle is, without doubt, post-war re-painted. The belt is a post 1941 manufactured piece, mated to an un-issued belt.
Can we see under the leather tongue, please?
Regards,
Mark
Will buy or trade for WWII German tropical items, or German items souvenired from North Africa...
NZMark

Return to Belts and Buckles