Welcome
Welcome to <strong>militarianz</strong>.

You are currently viewing Militarianz as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Invaluable Service ...........New Book

Read a good book? watch a good movie? a new book coming out? post in here

Invaluable Service ...........New Book

Postby sigcollector » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:08 pm

A new book out

Invaluable Service: The secret history of New Zealand’s signals intelligence during two World Wars.

by Desmond Ball, Cliff Lord & Meredith Thatcher.
In this 496 page book, with over 50 pages of photos and maps, the authors have unearthed and brought to light much of what has been lost or hidden since the second World War. Here you will discover the people and places that contributed so much, including New Zealand’s significant contribution to the nerve-wracking scramble to locate the Scharnhorst battle cruiser in the northern Atlantic Ocean in 1943.
Because secrecy was paramount, their triumphs and failures were never reported. The authors have dug deep into the archives to put together the fading light of these, hitherto faceless, men and women.

http://www.resourcebooks.co.nz/
WANTED
WW1 Signals items Mounted Signal Troop. NZE and Divisional Signals.

"All my mates ever got were wooden crosses" Corporal Cyril Bassett VC
sigcollector

Re: Invaluable Service ...........New Book

Postby sigcollector » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:39 am

WANTED
WW1 Signals items Mounted Signal Troop. NZE and Divisional Signals.

"All my mates ever got were wooden crosses" Corporal Cyril Bassett VC
sigcollector

Re: Invaluable Service ...........New Book

Postby Quicksilver » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:29 am

The publisher tells me he has reduced the price to 43 dollars, which seems to me to be a fair price.
Rgds Quicksilver
Quicksilver

Return to Books and Media