Welcome
Welcome to <strong>militarianz</strong>.

You are currently viewing Militarianz as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Need some help please!

Fieldgear/Equipment of World War II

Moderator: nbroadarrowz

Need some help please!

Postby Russ » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi gents

Does anyone know if the Kiwi's in the Pacific used a 'captured and inspected in the field' intelligence stamp, similar to the stamp US forces used, where enemy items picked up were looked at and then passed for keeping?

If so, does anyone have a pic they could show me?

Cheers

Russ
Russ

Re: Need some help please!

Postby nbroadarrowz » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:15 am

Hi Russ,
I have never heard of this in releation to NZ Forces.
BArry
Student, Researcher, Author and collector of pre 1945 New Zealand militaria. Co- author 'New Zealand Army Personal Equipment 1910-1945'
ISBN 0-9582535-9-5. and 'New Zealand Army Uniforms and Clothing 1910-1945 'ISBN 9781877427190'
nbroadarrowz

Re: Need some help please!

Postby Russ » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:54 pm

Hi Barry

Many thanks for the reply. A collector friend in the US has an item with a partial stamp he doesn't recognise and thought it may be NZ or Australian. I'll see if he can send me an image which might help identify it and I'll post it here.

Cheers

Russ
Russ

Return to WWII equipment